This December was especially merry because Daniel and Lisa brought back their tradition of going to a Sharks as a group for their birthdays! I always look forward to these outings, because when we are a group, we become the best of fans.
Witness this video Lem took from the Sharks’ 2006 come-from-behind win against the Ducks of all opponents..
Daniel and Lisa’s 2010 birthday game did not disappoint, as you can see from the photos, but we also managed to re-create some of the magic from 2006 with this glorious video of the Sharks coming from a 1-goal deficit to destroy the Coyotes.
(Thanks cousin Mac, for some of the video footage)
Thanks for the fun night, DL! Looking forward to next year!
Photo from sjsharks.com
Well that series was craptastic.
And a lot of good being number one in the regular season did you, Sharks. Put the shiny President’s Trophy on your shelf because you were destroyed by worst possible team to be eliminated by…in the first round!
I used to be a somewhat of a starry-eyed optimist, but I’m now joining the ranks of longtime, jaded fans. The stats from the last decade really illustrates the frustrated Sharks fan’s plight:
- 1997-98: Lost to Dallas in the Quarterfinals
- 1998-99: Lost to Colorado in the Quarterfinals
- 1999-00: Lost to Dallas in the Semifinals
- 2001-02: Lost to Colorado in the Semifinals
- 2002-03: didn’t make the playoffs
- 2003-04: Lost to Calgary in the Conference Finals
- 2004-05: Stupid lockout
- 2005-06: Lost to Edmonton in Semifinals
- 2006-07: Lost to Detroit in Semifinals
- 2007-08: Lost to Dallas in the Semifinals
- 2008-09: Lost to Anaheim in the Quarterfinals
I guess no further commentary is needed–there’s plenty of that around the ‘net (a good rant by Mac, if you’re looking to read one).
Go Red Wings!